Guilderland Parks & Recreation
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Eat Right Now!
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
Mindful Eating is allowing yourself to become aware of the positive and nurturing opportunities that are available through food selection and preparation by respecting
your own inner wisdom.
By using all your senses in choosing to eat food that is both satisfying to you and nourishing to your body, acknowledging your responses to food (likes, dislikes or neutral) without judgment, and becoming aware of physical hunger and satiety cues to guide your decisions to begin and end eating you can change your relationship to food.
Recent studies indicate that the majority of people who complete a Mindful Eating Program report:
- Less stress in relation to eating and food
- A greater sense of well being
- A greater sense of self-satisfaction, self esteem
- A decreased sense of being controlled by food
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations without turning to food
- Materials fee is $25 for the Eat Right Now app (Go to App Store to download)
Jennifer Mandato has a Doctorate from Misericordia University, Masters of Science in Education from The College of Saint Rose, Bachelor of Science from Utica College of Syracuse University and a Bachelor of Arts from Binghamton University. Jennifer has experience providing evaluations, treatment plans, family education and multidisciplinary team collaborations. Jennifer works in Albany with the elder population and with school-aged children between 3-21. She has experience teaching Yoga Mindfulness Bases Stress Reduction, and Mindfulness in Schools.
Additional Forms and Files:
Eat Right Now Flyer
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities